Dog is back in commission!
She had picked up stiff little limp, so I benched her for two weeks. I missed her terribly on my walks and runs. It really got me thinking about why a walk or run with a dog is so much better than one without.
1. Happy Dog Butt. She doesn’t just walk on our walks and runs. She sashays and saunters and prances, tail switching like a metronome.
2. Getting compliments on the dog. It makes me irrationally happy when other people like my dog.
3. The occasional urge to take a selfie feels less self-involved if the dog is in it too.
4. Evergreen’s dangerous carnivorous elk may hesitate to attack two of us.
5. Every walk is a new voyage of discovery. Going around the block is like the resurrection of Marco Polo. Every. Single. Time.
6. Expressive ears.
7. Without a dog, squirrels ignore me. With a dog, they come down to yell at us, and I can sneak in a picture.
8. Everyone needs a photobomber in their life.
9. I talk to myself. Out loud. This is marginally less weird if you are addressing another mammal.
10. Sheer, unbridled, joyous enthusiasm!
Bonus. In winter, dogs sometimes get a snose.
Signing off. Take Care, everyone, and Take Care of one another.